Sunday, November 25, 2012

Treasure Hunt Weekend

It's Monday and another great weekend has been and gone. I'm sure a lot of you are having "Mondayitis" with returning to work but for me, as a stay at home mum it is just another day. But I do love to spend the day reflecting on what happened with the weekend.

I am a big fan of supporting small and local communities and try to attend as many family events as I can so on Saturday the family and I drove 45min to a little town called Binningup for their Spring Festival. It was a sponsored event so entry was free, entertainment was free and all the kids rides were free and all of the stalls were raising money for different projects in the community. George (my 2 year old) had a blast! He could of stayed on the Lions Club train all day long and I do get a lot of joy out of watching him have a great time but what i love most about these events are the stalls and the search for buried treasure!

About one third of the stalls were second hand items and majority of the time these stallholders just want to clear the "junk" from their houses so the prices are extremely low. I only managed to find one vintage item that I was interested in and it was on the Lions Club stall.

I'm not sure on the age of this pattern book but I would say 50's. The lady at the stall only wanted 20c but since it was for a good cause I gave her $1. I love the bag patterns that are in there and I'm tempted to make some bath mats.

While my husband was buying my son a pinwheel I spotted this cute as mint tin with Rosie The Riveter on it! I was so excited haha The lady selling them had no idea what I was on about and frankly neither did my husband but I love it and it will always be in my purse from now on.


And how cute is this little hat hairclip I found! Cant go wrong for $5.....I love markets!


                                           

After the Spring Festival we headed into Bunbury for some Christmas shopping and I thought I would have a quick visit to the op shops there. Although I did not find any vintage items I did find this vintage look dress, it is missing a couple of buttons but I'm sure I can find some to match somewhere. This dress cost me $5 and fits perfect. 


                                                       

All in all a great day! What did you get up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment